Friday, February 27, 2009

Coping with Miscarriage


Truth is, I am depressed, sad and very disappointed.
I wish there's a timetable for healing??? It's hard, and the emotional weakness gets better, but never goes away.

Healing from the loss and healing from the physical pain of the D&C (Dilatation and curettage, a procedure to remove the tissue remaining in the uterus) is a hard process my husband and I are going through. Of course we still need to settle our expensive medical bills. Philhealth and GSIS Hospital Discount was not sufficient to cover all the expense.

Right now, I don't feel like going to baby showers, going to supermarkets where there are lots of pregnant women everywhere, or pass by the baby's isle...Its my way of trying to give myself permission not to go to those things. It's a natural feeling I have within me to protect myself a little bit.

For me, women don't get over miscarriage... maybe one can make peace with time and move on but somehow its something I will never forget. Even if the pregnancy was abruptly planned , its still a loss. Even if me and your better half is ambivalent about the whole pregnancy...its still a child... forever will be a part of us and something that i will never forget.

No comments: